For those around since the prequels, I used to host an annual BBQ at my house in Streamwood. Now, having moved yet again, I have the space and means to restart this tradition.
I’ll have the usual grilled eats, such as burgers and chicken. I’ll just ask for my guests to post on the Facebook invite, what kind of side or beverage you can bring to share. And, if you do remember the old barbecues….NO CHIPS!! – Mark
When: August 5th, 3 p.m.
Where: Carol Stream, IL
Check it out here.
The Chicago Symphony Orchestra performed the music of John Williams at the Grant Park Music Festival at the Jay Pritzker Pavilion. It was a beautiful night.
Here’s the program:
- Superman March from Superman
- Main Title from Star Wars
- Flight to Neverland from Hook
- Theme from Jurassic Park
- Raiders March from Raiders of the Lost Ark
- Excerpts from The Cowboys
- The Imperial March from Star Wars
- Duel of the Fates from Star Wars: Episode I
- Yoda’s Theme from The Empire Strikes Back
- Viktor’s Tale from The Terminal
- March from 1941
- Hedwig’s Theme from Harry Potter and The Sorcerer’s Stone
- Excerpts from Close Encounters of the Third Kind
And the encore was Excerpts from E.T.
Here’s some photos:
And to cap the night off, the fireworks from Navy Pier could be seen: